sea hawks

sea hawks

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Short Story Reflection


(1) How did your story ideas start? Where did you find your inspiration? I can’t remember when I was inspired to write the story, It was probably from an old t.v. show or movie  but I thought that it would have been a cool short story for a long time so I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity. Plus Jared helped fine tune some ideas and spelling and I really liked the way that it turned out.

 

(2) How did your project change over the course of creating it? Well I had a basic idea of how the story would end and how the basic story line would go But as we were writing it new ideas formed and it the story started to change and get better with more detail. It was also better that we got to make our own visiual because we could be totally creative and we had an idea of what we wanted to do from stage 1. We didn’t have to completely adapt the story as we kept writing.

 

(3) How/why did you select your Social Media platform? How does it link to your short story? The story wasn’t really based around a very social boy so it was kind of hard to accommodate the social media aspect. So our character chose twitter and he uses twitter as more of a blog because he knows not a lot of people will follow him and he’s able to speak his mind freely . In that sense it doesn’t really link to the story but considering Franklin was the kind of kid that he is this would be the best kind of social media for his personality. We thought about using Instagram or something like that but we thought it might be hard to capture Franklins interests with pictures.

 

(4) What part of your project are you most proud of? I think I’m most proud of the story. I drew the visual and it didn’t come out as well as I wanted it to and the social media aspect was kind of hard to tie in but I thought the story itself was good. I liked how it was simple and easy to follow unlike a lot of stories nowadays. The only thing that I wish I had done more was lengthen the story a little because I thought that it kind of ended abruptly. But it was fun putting all of your ideas onto paper and making a story.

 

(5) What did you learn about yourself as a reader/writer/thinker/creator? I learned that it is hard to put what you’re thinking into words. You want to convey a certain message but after reading what you just wrote down you realize that it doesn’t sound right. That’s kind of something I learned that when rereading your story you have to be partial and try to read it as somebody that has no idea what your stories about to try and find out all the flaws.  I also learned how hard it was trying to create original ideas and story lines that haven’t been done a million times before.

 

(6) If you worked with a partner, give me specifics about each partners work load. Who worked on what? Why? Me and Jared split up the work pretty evenly. I wrote the story and made the visual and Jared helped cretic the story and he made the twitter account and all the tweets. Jared had to make all of the tweets after I was done writing the story to make all the tweets to see what kind of character Franklin was and he also helped me with a lot of spelling and grammatical errors I made.

 

(7) Is there anything else Ms. McLauchlan needs to know to fully appreciate your project? Special touches you put on the project? I think Just the fact that we drew our own visual because that’s more work we had to do to help the reader visualize our characters story.

 

(8) Advice to future students working on this project? Try to make sure that your social media aspect is definitely included in the story because for our story it was hard to include the social media. Our character loved to read and was very conservative so being social online was kind of a stretch for us. Even making the tweets was hard in the perspective of Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment