sea hawks

sea hawks

Thursday, October 10, 2013

6 word memoir debrief

What did I learn about storytelling?

As a story teller I learned that you don't have to be so literal when your telling your stories. By being limited to only 6 words it kind of forces you to give a basic outline of what your trying to say and leave the readers to interpret it the way they want to. Also by doing this it gives people different opinions about your writing and can open up debates about the story.

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?

I used my knowledge of story telling skills I think in my hate memoir. In that memoir it brings up a topic not to openly talked about and that can be pretty controversial because there are to two very different opinions on the subject and it still affects a lot of peoples lives today. I also think I used my story telling skills on the memoir about my brother because I think a lot of people can relate to that and it probably makes them think about their own family.

What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller?

As a writer I learnt that the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" really applies to this assignment because it not so much the words in your story your using to tell your story but the picture you chose. Also puncutation to tell story really helped when trying to emphasize whaat you were trying to say

No comments:

Post a Comment